Long Term Evolution (LTE): Technology and Business Drivers
Overview of the key technology & business drivers, including: higher spectral efficiency, all-IP network, Self Organizing Network (SON), Multiple-Input Multiple-Output (MIMO), high spectrum flexibility and scalability, higher peak data rates, lower latency, network sharing, lower costs per bits, improved user quality of experience, and monetizing the network.
Principles, motivations, and key requirements for LTE; overview of LTE releases 8, 9, and 10.
- Senior and middle level business and technical managers working for mobile operators and other
- ICT service providers.
- ICT regulators and policy makers.
- Equipment vendors.
The workshop will explore key areas in:
- LTE RADIO INTERFACE – Detailed description of the LTE radio interface and procedures.
- MIMO TECHNOLOGIES IN 3GPP LTE AND LTE-ADVANCED – Overview of the different Multiple
- input multiple output (MIMO) technologies.
- LTE SYSTEM ARCHITECTURE & PROTOCOLS – Description of the LTE functional elements,
- interfaces, and protocols.
- LTE SPECTRUM OVERVIEW – Overview of the standard FDD and TDD bands allocated for LTE.
- STATE OF LTE DEPLOYMENTS – Presentation of the cu
- LTE CHALLENGES – Presentation of the main challenges in adopting and deploying LTE.
- LTE ECOSYSTEM – Overview of both the LTE device and network ecosystems, current state of
- LTE deployments around the globe and the different marketing and technology strategies .
- LTE DEPLOYMENT SCENARIOS & STRATEGY – Review of all LTE deployment scenarios.
LONG TERM EVOLUTION
- SELF-ORGANIZING NETWORK (SON) IN 3GPP LTE – Overview of the various SON features offered in the different release versions of LTE.
- LTE NETWORK SHARING – Description of the network sharing options (and their related benefits) offered by the standard 3GPP features, as well as those offered by some non-standard commercial features.
- INTERFERENCE MANAGEMENT WITHIN LTE – Goals of interference management within cellular systems.
- LTE NETWORK PLANNING – Description of the key steps in planning an LTE network.
- LTE ROAMING – Description of the roaming guidelines and implementations for voice and data services.
- LTE INTERWORKING WITH 2G & 3G – Description of the key options, procedures, and related reference points between the 2G&3G network
WORKSHOP OBJECTIVE AND KEY BENEFITS:
Participants to the LTE Workshop will get an understanding of the benefits and challenges offered by LTE so that they will be in the position to:
- Describe the features and benefits of LTE;
- Understand the LTE network components and functions;
- Understand LTE Air Interface Methods
- Determine the available LTE options in terms of spectrum, equipment availability, timeline,
- evolution from 3G;
- Understand the current state of the LTE eco-system and service offerings;
- Optimize their LTE strategy, based on LTE current & future capabilities;
- Understand all areas of their business that will be affected by LTE;
- Initiate an educated dialog with equipment vendors and service providers on procurement